Saturday, January 21, 2012

KHM 170 - Joy and Sorrow



Read the original story: in German, in English

KHM 170

"I am Alexandria Patience, a storyteller and artist, and I live on the North Coast of Scotland, in a wee village called Portskerra. Sorrow and Joy is one of the two stories that I have been given to tell – and I have to admit I had a little trouble getting my head and heart into finding a way to ‘tell’ the story as a woman in todays society. The translation of Sorrow and Joy, that I read was softer on the husband than the version the above link will direct you, so I felt the challenge to find a way to tell the story lightly, but that didn’t make light of the act of violence... So I think I have found a way that doesn’t compromise the story (another important factor for me) and doesn’t compromise me. Let me know what you think."

Contacts:
patienceart@yahoo.co.uk
+44(0)1641 531355
http://vimeo.com/patienceart
http://www.scottishstorytellingcentre.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment